Sewing goals for 2013

Friday, January 11, 2013

photo from here

I'm a little late for this kind of post,but better late than never,right?10 days into the new year and I'm still trying to organize the mess that surrounds me!I have 3 weeks of lessons and then my exams start so this time of year it's usually the worst!Lots of late nights,caffeine and stress are on my way and I'm really bumped because I have all this ideas for things I want to sew,but time becomes tighter and tighter.Here is the list of sewing related things I want to achieve this year !So in 2013 I want to:

1.Become better at fashion illustration
 I always find myself admiring fashion illustrations and it's something I would really love to become better at!This year I want to learn and practice more!I'm currently reading this book!

2.Learn and try more pattern making
Until now I drafted some basic patterns,but I would love to be able to make more of my own patterns!There are amazing books and tutorials for pattern making out there and this year I will try my skills on pattern making more!I'm starting with this book I ordered last night!

3.Overcome my fear of certain garments
Though I shouldn't,I really get intimidated by certain garments like classic shirts and coats!But they say the trick to overcoming a fear is to do it!So that's exactly what I'm going to do!Thinking about starting with this class from Craftsy. 

4.Become more organized about my sewing
My biggest problem is that I become involved with many garments at once,starting all excited and determined to make them all work,but this usually ends up to a lot of mess.I want to become more efficient with my sewing,to organize and really think through the garments I'm making!

What about you?Do you have any sewing goals for this year?Also any recommendations for books,online classes or tutorials on fashion illustration or pattern making are more than welcome!

You Might Also Like

0 comments