Albion duffle jacket

Saturday, November 30, 2013

jacket:self-made,trousers:H&M,sweater:Zara,boots:unknown
Hello everybody! I'm finished with my Albion duffle jacket and I have to say that this is one of the proudest moments in my sewing history. It is the first outerwear piece I've ever made and I can say that I am really really happy with the result. The pattern is from Colette's newest collection Walden and it's a unisex pattern with two versions, one is a coat and one is a jacket. I fell in love with the pattern the moment I saw it and I knew I had to purchase it immediately. For my first go I choose to go with the jacket version. I used a heavy weight suede like fabric that I think was a perfect match for a jacket and black leather toggles as closures. I cut a size small and did no alterations to the pattern, cause I think the fit is quite alright on me. Since the jacket is unlined I used black bias binding to finish all the seams. 

A huge congratulations to the Colette team is due not only for the amazing pattern, but also for the AMAZING instructions. I didn't meet any difficulty even though I've never sewed an outerwear garment before. The instructions were really clear and very well illustrated. I totally recommend getting this pattern as soon as possible. Colette will also have an Albion sew-along after the holiday season.

I'm sooo hooked with outwear sewing now! I think this is only the beginning for me. And it's totally not the first time you'll see me using this pattern! Coat version coming really soon!

So what do you guys think about my first go at outerwear?










You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. i LOVE it! Wow! And makes me regret not purchasing this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!If you have the chance I'd definitely recommend getting it!

      Delete
  2. What a great coat - you must be so proud. I love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking forward to see this pattern made up and your version is really beautiful! This is the kind of jacket you're going to wear years and years... Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I also think is one of these garments that you have in your wardrobe for a long time!

      Delete
  4. I love it! I have just printed off the pattern and am about to make the coat (version 1) for one of my sons. Now I see your version, I think one for me might be next on the list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I definitely recommend making one for yourself!

      Delete
  5. Lovely jacket! Great color for you, and what gorgeous photos you have! I'm planning to make this pattern next month during the sew along, so thanks for sharing. Are you going to do a coat during the sew along?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I already made a second one as a Christmas present for my mum. This time I made a lined jacket and I'm thinking of making a coat for me during the sew along. I'm looking forward to see what you'll make!

      Delete
  6. Just been searching for this pattern after seeing the detailed sewalong post and love your version! I remember seeing it a while back and thinking I must look into it but forgot where I saw it :( I quite fancy my own version but the only thing I'm put off by is the fabric required. Can I ask how much you used for this? Thanks Hazel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! For this jacket I used around 2.5 m of fabric.

      Delete