Sewing happenings

Friday, December 06, 2013

Can you believe that we are six days in December already? Six days guys! How does the time go by so quickly? September was here only yesterday, no? 
December is my favorite month because of the holiday season and all the festivities! Which makes me think about Christmas presents and how far behind I am. Since I always prefer to make most of my presents myself I really have to manage my time wisely in order to finish them all on time.
How about you? Do you prefer to make or to buy your presents? 

This December some awesome happenings are taking place in the sewing community!



Jen from Grainline Studio, Erin of Miss Crayola Creepy and Rochelle of Lucky Lucille,have put together a little challenge called Archer Appreciation Month for the month of December. Sew your own Archer and then upload it to the Grainline Studio Flickr Group with the tag #archerappreciation and Jen will be posting all of the December Archers to her blog to show them off in January!
I purchased my Archer a few months back, but I didn't get to make one yet. This time I'll definitely try and finish my own version. I love little challenges like this! 


You already know my love for Colette's newest collection Walden. You saw my first Albion and of course I couldn't stay away from the amazing Cooper. I already finished my first version(a backpack) yesterday. Coletterie is also having a speedy sew-along for the Cooper bag right now, as well as an awesome contest after it. Make sure to check it out!


Are you familiar with Rachel from House of Pinheiro? I really hope you are, and if not you really should! What I love about Rachel's makes is her impeccable fitting skills! When I see how well her makes fit her body I have to say I'm feeling a tad bit envy! Hope one day my fitting skills measure to Rachels! The exciting news is that Rachel will be releasing her first ever sewing pattern, the Brasilia dress on the 25th of December! I can't wait for this one! 

So what do you guys think? Will you participate in any of these fun sewing happenings?

You Might Also Like

0 comments