Tie Dye Kimono

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Kimono: self-made/ Top: Tally Weijl/ Shorts: Zara

So by now everyone who doesn't live under a rock is aware of the kimono craziness that's been going around for a while. Countless tutorials going around the web, like this, this and this and of course lots of jaw-dropping makes like this, this and this

I bought this lovely, tie-dye looking, fabric with my mum a while back and after seeing all these amazing makes I suggested it would make a beautiful kimono for her. I used this pattern from SewCaroline. It's a one size pattern, very easy to put together and on top of all it's free! This came together in less than 2 hours, printing and all. I french seamed everthing and used this beautiful lace trim that I found in a local store. 

My mum really likes the outcome and I'm kind of jealous that I didn't bought more of this fabric.
So how about you? Have you catch the kimono fever? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments