McCall 6965 + Plantain

Thursday, July 16, 2015


Hello everyone! Temperatures are officially high here in sunny Greece and it's all about the summer outfits! I had my eye on McCall 6965 for quite some time now, especially after seeing this amazing version from Beth Stitches. I'm not really a big fan of the Big 4 if I'm been honest. I prefer the modern vibe of the indie sewing patterns and I like to support indie designers! But this pattern was in my patterns-to-buy list for a loooong time. 

I had a loose short in my summer sewing list for a long time. I had Megan's Tania culottes pattern in my stash, but I wanted something with a little less fabric bulk. I wanted them to resemble more shorts, than circle skirt. And I was pleasantly surprised! These here exactly what I wanted! 

This is my muslin version. I cut a size 14, but I ended up changing a few things (which I'll mention in my next post with the final version of these). The pattern runs really short, as many more sewers mentioned. These ended up being perfect for the beach, which I'm happy about, because I really love this fabric!

For the top I used the Plantain t-shirt from Deer&Doe patterns, cut in a size 44 for an oversized look and sewed with the softest bamboo jersey! In my opinion these patterns are making the perfect breezy and comfy summer outfit!

More on the final version of these shorts soon!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. These are so cute! And you really have the legs for them! Fantastic color, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit, those shorts are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete