Sydney Jacket + Nettie Bodysuit

Saturday, January 16, 2016


Hello lovely readers! How is 2016 treating you so far? I feel like the first 15 days of 2016 for me, were all about re-organising, re-charging and basically everything that involves the prefix re- in. I even started reading this book, so I sense that a pretty big de-stashing of my house and wardrobe is coming soon. This month also has a lot of changes and late hours in my job, but also marks the beginning of the next level of my pattern drafting classes :D!

To be honest, I haven't even been nearly my sewing machine this month, but that's ok. I decided that this year is all about quality, over quantity, and I want to sew things that will be incorporated seamlessly with my current wardrobe and fit my lifestyle.

So, I thought I'd share with you some of my last 2015 makes. Starting with my Sydney jacket and Nettie combo.


Let me just start by saying this: WOW! This jacket is THE bomb! This is the Sydney jacket from Tessuti patterns

"This oversized, draped jacket features a relaxed collar, back yoke, extended cropped raglan sleeves and side pockets. This jacket is ideal for layering over garments and is the perfect cover-up for the autumn/winter months"

I fell in love the instant I saw this pattern and every single version of this made me want to make one even more. I started with this idea of a grey felt wool jacket, but I didn't have enough yardage. So I moved to this heavy double-sided knit fabric I had in my stash, with the thought to become a cardigan. And let me tell ya, the perfect cozy jacket was born! 

What I love about this pattern is that, basically, you can use whatever fabric doesn't fray when cutting it, which means you can achieve endless different versions. For mine, I cutted a size S, without any modification. I love the draped front and the side pockets make it a really practical jacket as well. 

This is a fairly easy and quick make, since you don't have to finish any edges and with very clear instructions as well. At first you might be a little confused, since the pattern pieces fit together in an odd way, but in the end it all makes sense. Another lovely Tessuti pattern! I can surely see many more versions of this jacket in the future!

It's like wearing a big cozy blanket! 

I've already made a couple of Nettie dresses, here and here , as well as some Nettie cropped tops, but I never made a Nettie bodysuit. So when I came across this lovely, soft striped cotton lycra at the fabric store, I knew the time had come to make one. 

"The Nettie is a quick and easy to make wardrobe staple. Close fitting with high cut arms, she can be made into a knit dress OR a bodysuit. This pattern is infinitely customizable with a choice of 3 sleeve lengths, 2 neckline and 3 back variations." 

I made a scoop front, high back version with long sleeves. I cutted a size 10, without any modifications, which worked out pretty well! What I like about this, is the low cut bum, which prevents unnecessary, annoying panty lines. I did use a snap crotch closure, for quicker bathroom runs! 
I really love this pattern! The instructions are incredible clear that even an ambitious beginner could make this, the drafting is exceptional and the fit is spot on. I have to say: Hats off to Heather! Not only she created an exceptional pattern company, but her designs are modern, versatile and what a woman wants to actually wear. She always spots the gaps in the modern woman's wardrobe and delivers every time!


Bodysuit: Nettie pattern from Closet Case Pattern
Jacket: Sydney jacket from Tessuti pattern
Jeans:Zara
Shoes: Stan Smith Adidas

So how did you spent the first 15 days of 2016? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments