Nita Wrap Skirt // SewDIY

Saturday, March 26, 2016


Hello lovely people! It's been quiet around here lately and the reason is that I've been Konmaring the s**t out of my apartment all month long. It's been a really tiring process, but with really satisfying results! A full blog post to come on this soon. But in all the mess that is currently my house I did manage to squeeze in a little sewing time.

So may I present to you, the Nita Wrap Skirt from SewDIY patterns. Another lovely pattern from Beth. I was a pattern tester for her Lou Box Top, so I already knew I was in for something good.

"The Nita Wrap Skirt is a fitted wrap skirt that sits at the natural waist with an angled front, three length options and three waistband closure options. The pattern features waist darts, a built in front facing and optional lining. Make the mini length in denim or corduroy for a versatile casual skirt. Combine a neutral twill with the midi-length for a sophisticated look that will take you from the office to happy hour in style."

 I decided to make the maxi length with the tie waist closure. I cut a size 10 for the waist and graded to a size 12 for the hips. I didn't make many modifications except from lengthening the front darts by 2cm. I'm really happy with the fit and I love that there are no fussy closures.



For this, I used a grey rayon blend that drapes beautifully and finished everything with french seams. You could use really any type of fabric for this skirt. The possibilities are endless, just by changing the length and the fabric type. You can see all the amazing versions from other pattern testers here.

The skirt was really easy and quick to sew. I'd say it took me three hours from taping to hemming. As with all Beth's patterns, the drafting is exceptional and the instructions are really easy to follow. 


*Disclaimer: I received this pattern from Beth for free to test, but all opinions are my own. I sent feedback on the draft to Beth. I was not paid to test this pattern, and was given a free copy of the final pattern as compensation.*

You Might Also Like

0 comments