Rowan bodysuit & tee // Megan Nielsen

Friday, March 24, 2017


Hello everyone! A couple of months ago I was asked if I would like to be a pattern tester for Megan Nielsen's new pattern Rowan and of course I said YES! Megan's patterns are always so perfectly drafted and her designs are modern and easy to wear.

"Rowan is the ultimate wardrobe builder fitted tee and bodysuit. The pattern features figure hugging close fit, three neckline options, three sleeve lengths and tee or bodysuit versions."

I went with version 5, the V neck bodysuit with 3/4 sleeves. The first thing I loved about this pattern is that the instructions include which pages you need to print for each version, so you don't end up printing and sticking together all 36 pages just to make one version of the pattern.


I used a classic black jersey for my version, because I wanted this to be a basic mix&match piece in my wardrobe. I went with a size M, which was the perfect fit for me. I love how the pattern includes both Imperial & Metric charts, saving all the conversion troubles. What I specially love about this pattern is the fit around the bum area. It covers enough, without causing ugly lines and it is really flattering.

As always, the instructions were really clear and beautifully illustrated. I would totally recommend this pattern to everyone, despite their sewing level. Rowan is a true wardrobe staple and the customizing possibilities are endless.

*Disclaimer: I received this pattern from Megan Nielsen patterns for free to test, but all opinions are my own. I sent feedback on the draft to Megan, which were included in the final pattern. I was not paid to test this pattern, and was given a free copy of the final pattern as compensation.*

You Might Also Like

0 comments